Of Superior Novatec G5 Infrared Die Ovens.
Safety – Is our first consideration for design and construction
- Dual thermocouple system with auto shut down.
- Inline redundant mechanical contactors with auto shut down.
- Two programmed upper temperature alarm limits with auto shut-down.
- Emergency stop on both main panel and operator control panel.
- No slam door design.
- “Hold” to “start” requires intentional override.
- FM approved high limit temperature control (not done by PLC).
- On board air conditioning or forced air cooling systems.
Control Method – A function of both time and temperature
- No contact thermocouple.
- Dual thermocouple.
- PLC has the facility for inputting specific “recipes” for each die size.
- Linear output control – unique to Novatec. Allows Operator to customize the heating time & output power for different types of dies and profiles, ensuring no die overheating.
- Not strictly time controlled, much more flexible and won’t ruin an already heated die.
- Can heat a range of thicknesses.
- Allows for multiple temperature settings.
- Allows for multiple stage settings.
- Long lasting designed heater elements.
- 15” HMI touch screen remote control & SCADA.
- Cold die heating & hot die boosting capabilities.
- Power loss, phase loss & heater loss alarms.
- Die oxidation management.
- Ethernet linkable with existing Network.
- High limit temperature alarm for oven protection.
- Deviation alarm for die protection.
- Alarm notification by email and onscreen display.
- Remote access available for trouble shooting.
Construction – Superior in design with robust construction
- Designed to outlive the press it serves.
- Stainless steel construction, outer shell 11Ga & inner liner 16Ga.
- Heavy duty lid and hinge system.
- Stainless steel (rigid) die baskets.
- Stainless mesh gaskets.
- Longest lasting heater in the market.
- Heater slides in place from top of the liner.
- Heavy duty stainless steel basket & protective grid for heaters.
- Heavy duty electro-mechanical actuators for lid control.
- Four heater heating system for cold dies & two heater heating system for hot dies.
- Two Thermocouple redundancy control.
Heating Process – State of the art components and process
- True black body infrared heaters, not metal sheath.
- Heaters more dense, with output of 17 watts per sq. inch.
- Recessed, slide in heaters with top connecting point & extended lifespan.
- Full lid design on sealed bearings with double tadpole seal, increases heating efficiency.
- Smart die saddle for better temperature uniformity, results in production of quality profiles.
- Dual thermocouple control.
Justifying The Purchase of Novatec G5 Infrared Die Ovens.
- Reduction in Die Breakage – caused by improperly heated dies.
- Reduction in “Die Pulls” (Die failure) – of up to 90%.
- Energy Savings – of up to 50%.
- Improved Recovery – our efficient, uniform heating of dies reduces the “run out” (rod length) variation.
- Improved Profile Surface Finish – as a result of fast heating reducing bearing oxidation to almost nil.
- Return on Investment – recouped within 12 months.
- Fast, Efficient & Uniform Heating – up to 35% quicker.
- Full Lid Design – improves heating efficiency.
- Smart Die Saddle – better temperature uniformity, resulting in quality Profiles being extruded.
- Limiting Die Exposure in Cavity – reduces die oxidation, thereby increasing dies lifespan.